Monday, June 20, 2011

My Interview day part 1

Hello..guys
Today (i.e.20 june,2011) i went for job (off campus)
I was informed that hiring procedure would be as:
1. Appti. test then
2.Technical test and
3.F2F(face to face interview)

so I prepared accordingly and reached the venue half hour early.
then I simply enterd the company and started to look for the person i was supposed to meet.
so looked around and what i found was 7 or 8 students were sitting in a hall and were giiving some sort of exam.
and as i went further inside  the company...there was people sitting on pc were busy doing there work.
so i was bit confused whom to ask ...where to go..
i roaned around for 1 or 2 minutes..
then suddenly a boy came out..he asked me "yes"
I said "I 'm looking for XYZ"
he said "ohh that's me."

then i said "kool"

then I asked "so now what should I do"
The guy asked me to wait outside the hall where few students were giving the exam.
so I went and waited there..

After 8 or 10 min ..XYZ guy came..and took us into hall..and offerd me a seat and gave me a form to fill
(It was just abt my details n all so i filled it...)
but there was  acolumn as "OCCUPATION" firstly i thought they want to know my occupation as the form was abt me...but i had doubt as it was written next to my FATHER NAME column...
so i thought it wud be bettter to ask why shoud i take risk
so I asked him..and he said "Here you have to fill your father's occupation"
so thus i filled the form
and
the moment i submiited the form..
I was given a question paper to solve
paper include 2 section:
1. Apptitude section(was lil tough)
2. English section(it was just normal)
so i did it..with no prob...
then i was asked to for the next intruction
so i waited
then after half hour i was called for the HR interview
I was kool nd chill nd relaxed tooo.....just a lil curious...

well i was going.....going
I was at the door..
As I opened the door...and found one smiling beautiful face of a lady...who was companied by a decent man..
well these two were the interviewer..
I said GooDAfterNooN to both..
they asked me to had the seat..
I sat
then both started smiling
was asking each other...YOu ask ...nanana
                                 You ask...
then the man decided to initiate ...he was holdin my CV ..
and asked me to descibe my profile
I said:
My name is skand gupt
I live in xyz.
(Family intro)
then technical skills
I said ..
sir Languages I know are -C,C++,java,C#
I told them about the techologies i have worked in are...ASP.net,HTML,CSS,MY SQL SERVER 200
I have used few Operating systems for long whiich are LINUX(sir we studied LINUX in our 3rd year and since then I started using it...),Windows XP and presently I 'm using WINDOW 7

then I told them that sir..
Apart from studies ...
In my freee time...
I do painting...sketches...iluustration.logo designing...that is graphical work..and as a result of which i posses quite good skills in Adobe photoshop,Illustartor,Flash ,Corel draw,MAya,
then he said ...see Mr. skand our company completely a core company based on codin and all
then I said sir I know this
but Y i'm telling this stuff is  jst to show that i never misses a chance to learn new things and sir this is just a utilisation a my free time...
THen the lady asked
so skand wat r your strength..
I said ...
Maam I'm INNOVATIVE...I'm .DEPENDALE while working in ateam...and..CREATIVE.....
and I luv to implement my Ideas in real life...

THen she said okiii guud..
and asked...so skand have u worked on any project..
I said yes maam..I hv worked in few projects like
1.Java based Mp3 player...
 It was an audio player...which only plays '.mp3' file..
 [(In this to develop graphical interface I hav used SWINGS
  and maam it was an application not an applet...so that it can be further extended)
  I din't spoke this Bracket  stuff...just wrote it for future reference..hehehehe
then i told them about my next project
Sir i made a web portal for WIPRO...sir actually I made it for for one of Wipro's client which isknown as "NHAI"..
actually sir project was "Online Highway Problem Management"
here I have created a web interface where lower units enter thier poblems...
and higher units like RO and HO tries to provide them solutions as early as possible...
It was made safe and secure and well authorised one...
and proper report was mintained there like when the problem was entered and when did it get solved..
so this all abt the project where i had the industrial experience for the first time...
It was really a nice experince....

after this i told them abt my most recent project
as :
sir last project I worked in was Micro controller based hydrogen fuel cell
sir actually it was a hydrogen genetrator in which we (as  i worked in grp of 4 students)controlled the rate of generation of output i.e hydrogen gas generation                
we controlled using assembly language......as it was based on 8051 microcontroller..
sir I worked in this project bcz i always wanted to make hardware realted project...
well....
this was abt y project..
and
atlast I also said....
that I have made an Linux OS...from the scratch....actually sir as it is based on an open source technology.
so evrything i got freely available over internet...
so we doenloade packages ....kernel...
then
we configured them assembeld them complied them..
and
we also made few commands by ourselves..like'ls'  'cp' 'mv' nd few more

sir this was all abt my project nd experience...

then lady asked about my weakenss...
I said smilingly..."Maam i'm bit lazy..."
she said smilingly.."Well we'll make u active don worry"

then they said ...
thank you ..skand....
and
I left the room

welll  wat happened next....
will be continued..........
i'm goin to have dinner.....as i haven't eaten anything since morning...
so guys......
plz excuse me.....

1 comment:

  1. Haha, pretty good. I really liked it!

    It was a first hand experience, and I could really imagine being at the place, the way you have described it.

    You could have formatted it a little though, but I know you wrote it all in one go, so that's alright.

    ReplyDelete